Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas Day

Preparation for Christmas.
I set out a few luminarias. If you know how I'm nervous about matches... this was a big task! :) Russell, Ryan, and Aimee pose for the photo below.
Luminarias is a Latin word meaning Lights. Luminarias are made up of a paper bag, two inches of sand, and a votive or tealight candle. The meaning behind Luminarias is a reenactment of the story of Mary and Joseph's search for lodging in Bethlehem for the birth of Jesus.


Here is a photo of our Christmas tree and some of our favorite ornaments.


The kids play, Ryan gets his groove on, and then they take a bath...


*****
Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Merry Christmas!

Christmas dinner was a two day task for me. I was making my first major dinner to feed 16! Everytime I saw the Albertson's commerical where the turkey was thrown all over the kitchen, I just knew my turkey was going to be a disaster. Maybe it would be frozen after 5 hours of cooking or it would be over cooked and full of hot air! Here's my first, beautiful whole turkey.

Below is after dinner. Ryan in his karate suite from Santa, Judy passed out on the couch, Kent asleep in the recliner, and Curtis watching Ryan's video game.

(l-r) Garett, Marissa, Rachell, and Mcall. The Pays, including Kent and Curtis, came from Utah to spend Christmas with the Chapps.

Dramma (Grandma)

(l-r) Brynn, Jake, Jill, and Aimee pose for a picture.

I hope your Christmas was merry and full of memories!

6 comments:

Steve and Sara said...

Those were REALLY CUTE pictures!! Thanks for posting them :D

Steve and Sara said...

Time for a new post Brookie!!! Read my blog... it will give you an idea!!

Steve and Sara said...

Brooke, honey... it's almost Easter. Can you please update your blog??

Steve and Sara said...

Buy a new computer already!!!!

Steve and Sara said...

Still no new computer??? Brookie... seriously... PLEASE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Brooke said...

I have my new computer!!
LOL. Love your comments! :)