Monday, November 07, 2005

Out with the old, in with the new...

We bought our first house in December 1999. It holds many memories of my mom, starting a family, and bad do-it-yourself projects. With Aimee on the way, this 1222 square foot house seemed tiny! We needed another bedroom and a bigger backyard. We sold it in January of this year. Below are the pictures as we were leaving for the last time... except the one of the front of the house. That was from December of 2003, the last time snow stayed on the ground for more than 1 hour. It was a major event!


We signed up to be on the waiting list in November 2003. With the growth and real estate boom in Las Vegas, we had to sit and wait for a phone call. On September 25, 2004, we were finally eligible to participate in a drawing. Yes, luck is a factor, but it was not on our side. I left feeling we would never get our dream house that we had been eyeing for three years. Then Russell received a phone call on October 8, 2004 that a home lot had become available. We gave our down payment the next day. The closing date was April 8, 2005. Here is our new house from beginning to end...



Happily Ever After

4 comments:

Steve and Sara said...

I love your house! It was worth the wait. It's beautiful!

Steve and Sara said...

The pictures are SO cool too! I like the one with Ryan laying down on the shelf :)

Brooke said...

I just realized I didn't see your backyard. Is it finished?

Steve and Sara said...

Yeah, it was finished when we bought the house. It's a pretty standard backyard.